Sunday, May 29, 2011

Home Sweet Home!



Man, what a week! My family and I headed out to Salt Lake City, Utah last Saturday and didn't actually leave St. Louis until Monday because our flights got canceled 2 days in a row! Although it was kind of inconvenient, I thought it was pretty fun to explore St. Louis. We went biking on the Katy trail and went to a Renaissance Faire that Kara's roommate was in. We also drove through a huge hail storm, twice! haha all in all, it was a pretty adventurous vacation! I loved getting to see my sweet grandparents, and I loved getting to explore southern Utah in the middle of the week. It's so beautiful out there! I had a bunch of fun, but it sure is nice to be home.

Right after Kara and I were born, my Nana and Poppy sold their house and moved to Jackson. For 14 years they lived two miles away from our house; and it was one of the biggest blessings of my life. A few years ago they moved to Salt Lake. I've sure missed them since they've been gone. In honor of my favorite people, I'm doing my list today on the 3 great things about my grandparents!

1. My Nana and Poppy have ALWAYS been there for me. When I was little, it was driving endlessly around Cape to find the "Blue Park" and going faithfully to my recitals. As I've gotten older, it is keeping in touch with me and always supporting my life and my future. I've been so blessed to have such big fans in my life!

2. My grandparents are so FUNNY! They crack me up! I love their sense of humor. They are so fun to be around!

3. Last but not least, my Nana and Poppy genuinely care deeply for everyone. I know they love me with all their hearts, and they love and treat everyone with kindness. They are such great examples to me.

Dear Nana and Poppy, although you live hundreds of miles away now, you will always have such a special place in my heart. I love you to the moon and back.

XOXOXO,

Munchkin


No comments:

Post a Comment