Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bye, Bye, Burritos


Tonight was my last night working at Qdoba! I first got my job there a year and a half ago, and I have learned and grown so much since I started there. It was definitely challenging for me at times, and I knew it was time for me to leave. But God really used that job for his glory and for my good, and I know it was his plan and will that I was there for that time. In honor of my year and a half folding burritos, I'm going to do my list on three things about Qdoba that God turned out for good.

1. One my favorite things to look back on is how God opened my eyes to people who are different then me. Working at Qdoba I was constantly surrounded with coworkers who were very different than my friends I usually hang out with . Most of these people I probably would never had talked to or got to know in any other situation. But man, I've loved getting to know these people... It has been such a blessing for me to share a bit of life with them.

2. Working at Qdoba taught me how to multi task and work well under pressure. This may seem silly, but all those days working with customers and doing a million tasks at once really improved the way I act in stressful situations. I think this will be really helpful when I'm a nurse someday.

3. Most of all, working at Qdoba was taught me that following what I know God wants me to do doesn't always mean it will be easy. I know he had a purpose for me there... I may never truly know what it was. So many days I came home defeated and upset and struggling with someone at work or some circumstance. Sticking with it was so tough... but I knew I needed to do it. Looking back now, I'm glad I stayed with it. I know there was a reason. But it was so valuable for me to learn that God's will isn't always what is easiest. I just have to have faith that it is for my good and for his glory... because he is so worth it. It made me stronger.

Happy Thursday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment