Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Learning to Rest


I am a worrier.

I worry about things that are going on today, tomorrow, and things that could possibly happen months, or even years from now.


It is this not-so-desirable trait that has been causing my biggest current struggle: not knowing how to rest. I know in my head that God is in control of all things. That he is good, and will make all things work out for my good. I know his plan will triumph over all things. I KNOW this. But do I know it so deeply that I live in the freedom that truly understanding and encompassing that would bring? No.

My three things are things that are true of my God:

1. He our strength: "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

2. He is our shelter: "This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him." Psalm 91:2

3. He is our comforter: "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11


May I trust and believe that you truly are my strength, my warrior, and my fortress. May I believe that my heart is safe to be weak in you. And may I be humble enough to admit my weakness and accept you to be strong on my behalf.


with all my love,

Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment